Monday 3 April 2023

Indian Idol 13 winner Rishi Singh takes home Rs 25 lakh, Debosmita Roy first runner-up

Inline image

The winner of Indian Idol 13 is Rishi Singh who hails from Uttar Pradesh's Ayodhya. Kolkata's Debosmita Roy emerged as the first runner-up and Jammu's Chirag Kotwal took the third place on the show on Sunday night. Rishi went home with the trophy, a new car and a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh.

Indian Idol 13 finalists were Bidipta Chakraborty, Sonakshi Kar, Chirag Kotwal and Shivam Singh besides Rishi and Debosmita. Rishi broke down after his name was announced as the winner.

"I still can't believe that I won the Indian Idol 13 trophy," he said in a statement. "The feeling is surreal! It was a dream come true moment for me when my name was announced as the winner of this season. It is a huge honour to be taking ahead the legacy of such a well-loved and prestigious show. I am grateful to the channel, the judges, and the entire team of Indian Idol for giving us such a wonderful platform to showcase our talent. I would also like to extend my gratitude to all my fans and viewers who have always supported me and voted for me to win this coveted title. Thank you for making my dream turn into reality."